< Group Owner User Guide
Managing a Mahjong Group's Members
To manage the list of members in your mahjong group, follow these steps:
Viewing the list of current members
- Select your group under the "My Mahj Groups" menu.
- Click "Manage group".
- Click "Manage members".
- The list of members displays with the following fields:
- Status: Active, Inactive, Invited (to join), Request (to join), Rejected, Payment Due
- Role: Player, Admin, Owner
Inviting someone to join the group
You cannot directly add someone to the group but you can invite them.
- Click "Invite Member"
- Enter their name and email.
- Click "Send Invitation".
- The invitee will get an email and will be able to accept the invitation (thereby joining the group).
Approving/Rejecting a request to join the group
- A potential member clicks "Request to join" on the group's page.
- You and other group owners receive an email with the request.
- If you need more information from the person, reply to the email and ask them.
- Click "Approve request" or "Reject Request".
- The person will be notified of the approval/rejection.
Promoting a member to Admin level
- Click "Make Admin" next to the name of the person you want to promote.
- This person now has permission to:
- Manage group settings (including members locations and games)
- Approve requests to join
- Email the group even if that option is not generally enabled for this group.
- To demote an admin back to player, click "Make Player" next to the name of the person you want to demote.
Removing a member
- Click "Remove" next to the name of the person you want to remove from the group.
- Click "Confirm" in the confirmation window